Some people go on holiday to relax, unwind and get away from the stress of city life.
You will find them sitting on the balcony gazing at the spectacular Blue Mountains views or sipping a glass of wine in front of the fire, enjoying the company of friends and family. Most in fact just want to do nothing at all !
Others prefer an excitement filled holiday, so here's a list of things to do:
Check out the Blue mountains events calendar http://www.bluemts.com.au/whatson/
- Explore the famous Jenolan Caves - 35 mins away www.jenolancaves.org.au
- Visit the beautiful Hill and Dale Garden and Nursery www.hillanddalegardenandnursery.com open last weekend of the month Oct - April or by appointment ph: 0407082672 for lovers of perennial plants and beautiful gardens- entry fee $8 p/p
- Truffle hunt in winter or hunt and lunch on sundays in season ( june / july / august ) www.lowesmounttruffles.com.au
- Best restaurant /bar for dinner or lunch is Blue Fox in main street lithgow (great menu and atmosphere! )
- Universal cafe in Tarana is also highly reccommended for lunch or breakfast ( pet friendly too!)
- other great placesto eat listed in compendium at the house.
- Bushwalking / birdwatching on the 200 acre property
- Fishing for trout of go for a swim or water sports at Lake Lyell 5 minute drive away
- Picnic in the countryside
- visit megalong valley tea room - for breakfast / lunch or devonshire tea ( pet friendly )
- Pick mushrooms in the pine forest (autumn)
- Visit the local Rydal Pub for lunch or dinner ( pet friendly)
- Visit historic towns - Rydal, Hampton and Hartley
- Explore Mount Tomah botanic garden www.rbgsyd.nsw.gov.au
- Small Arms Museum in Lithgow
- Explore the Glow Worm Tunnels - Newnes national park www.toursim.lithgow.com
- Pamper yourself with a massage or mineral bath at the nearby Japanese bathhouse www.japanesebathhouse.com.au/
- Horse riding in Oberon www.highcountrytrailrides.com.au Ph: 0427470247 ( book in advance )
- Bring or borrow one of our mountain bikes and go for a ride along the scenic country roads and lanes
- Catch yabbies in the dam just behind the house
- Visit wineries in Oberon , Megalong Valley ,Orange and Mudgee
- Hire a canoe or dinghy at Lake Lyell ph: 63556347
- Visit popular blue mountains tourist attractions just over 35 minutes away.
- Visit Alchemy wood fire pizza for Tasty gourmet pizza in Hartley
- Visit little hartley historic village - cafe / talisman metal art and jewlery gallery www.talismangallery.com.au/
- lovers of Goats cheese can visit the Jannei Goat dairy open : Fri / Sat / Mon / Tues (April thru to August) Winter monday only
- ph: 635511076